Responsible Chemical Distributor
Ideal Chemical is a Responsible Chemical Distributor
Ideal Chemical and Supply Company adheres to NACD’s Responsible Distribution®, one of the largest safety, health and environmental initiatives in the history of American industry.
Ideal’s commitment to continuous improvement as a chemical distributor:
Develop its own programs and procedures to protect the health, environment, and safety of the companies, employees, and communities we serve.
- Reducing risks associated with chemicals through evaluation and planning.
- Staying up-to-date on compliance review and training.
- Sharing compliance information and implementing programs.
- Carefully selecting and fully training our drivers, other employees and contractors.
- Properly maintaining our trucks and auditing outside carriers to ensure that they meet safety requirements.
- Properly handling and storing our products.
- Staying current on the latest chemical hazard information to help mitigate exposures, prevent accidents and reduce emissions. Hazardous and solid waste is minimized.
- Preparing a systematic emergency response plan that includes drills, communication, and the installment of containment systems.
- Working with government agencies to support public policies and regulations that address community concerns.
- Encouraging our customers and resellers to adopt our high safety standards.
For questions about Responsible Distribution® for chemical distributors, please ask your sales representative or call Regulatory Affairs at 1-800-232-6776.